Golden 1 Center
- 1st professional indoor sports venue to earn LEED Platinum Designation
- 100% clean energy using sun power for clean and efficient energy
- Low-flow water recapture systems
- Farm-to-Court philosophy
- Executive chef and restaurant partners source 90% of their ingredients from a 150-mile radius
- Majority of beer, wine and spirits sourced within 150-mile radius
- All leftover, edible food will be given to Sacramento Community Food Bank and Family Services via our Second That program, supporting over 200 local agencies.
- California Safe Soil will treat waste with organic enzymes and process in a giant food digester. It will be “digested” and then pasteurized, filtered and put back into the soil at local farms.
- Leftover fryer oil, which is locally produced rice bran oil, will be converted to biodiesel by a local, family-run business.
TerraCycle Waste Plan
HOW IT WORKS
Zero Waste Boxes allow individuals and organizations to recycle waste that was ordinarily go straight to a land fill. The Green Sports Alliance and TerraCycle have teamed up to recycle all cafeteria waste used at this summit. Once full, the boxes are then shipped back to TerraCycle using the pre-paid shipping label which is already affixed to your box. When we receive your box, we’ll safely recycle all of the collected materials. The collected waste is mechanically and/or manually separated into fabrics, metals, fibers, and plastics. Fabrics are reused, upcycled or recycled as appropriate. Metals are smelted so they may be recycled. The fibers (such as paper or wood based products) are recycled or composted. The plastics undergo extrusion and pelletization to be molded into new recycled plastic products.
KEEP AN EYE ON THE BOX
Please place all your discarded single-use Styrofoam/paper/plastic cups, plates, storage containers, straws and utensils.
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
- Sustainable food sourcing and purchasing
- Green Seal-certified in-room cleaning supplies
- View the full-list of green practices here.
Through the generous support of Bonneville Environmental Foundation, the 2017 Summit will offset its environmental impact in the following areas:
- Verified carbon offsets are provided to the annual Green Sports Alliance Summit to offset the unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions associated with attendee, sponsor, speaker and staff travel
- The electricity used at the annual Green Sports Alliance Summit is matched with Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) to support renewable energy generation
- The water footprint of the annual Green Sports Alliance Summit Water is balanced with Water Restoration Certificates® (WRCs) that restore critically depleted freshwater systems.